Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents just gave me their 1995 Sedan DeVille to sell for them, and today I noticed there's a fluid leak.

The fluid is brownish/redish in color and is leaking from the small radiator-lookalike thing in front driver side of the radiator. This is a major setback because both my parents and I really need the money we'd get from selling it. I'm very concerned and any help asap would be great appreciated!

Thanks!
-Evan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I should've described it better. I just checked the transmission fluid because 1st gear is slipping really bad, and it's extremely low.

Then on another Cadillac forum someone suggested the part in question is the transmission (fluid) cooler. I sure hope it is that, and it's cheap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was leaking from the fins. I thought I could make it up to get one, but I couldn't. Ran out of tranny fluid......so I had my wife pick my son and me up and over to the dealer.

For some reason, the one they gave me was a bit oversized, but three people assured me it would fit. So...we spent about 2.5 hours in a Supercuts parking lot trying to wrestle that thing in place. We finally got it, but resorted to some cardboard (lol) to help mount it.........

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I WOULD GET THE TRANNY FLUSHED IMMEDIATELY!!

Assuming that the fluid has never been changed (regardless of what the manual says), it needs to be done..... also the pan needs to be dropped/cleaned and the filter changed......

It can really extend tranny life..... Dont ask why, just do it....

And the tranny cooler is a great idea too..... The fluid was probably coming from the heat exchanger..... Personally, I would go out and put in an external cooler, maybe a $50 part, and it will help extend the life also......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
elwesso