Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i've always wanted one and i may get one....buuuuuuttttt...

what should i look for with a high mileage STS....
i heard there is something you can do from inside the car with the car's computer to check all the systems out.. does anyone have the instructions for doing that so when i go look at the car i can check the system?

thanx in advance... and can't wait to be a regular(daily) on this forum....

dave
[email protected]

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Welcome aboard, Dave! Thanks for signing up! I'm moving this into our Eldorado/Seville section. Actually, if you're reading this thread - you're there now. You were automatically redirected... It'll get more attention from the STS crowd in the Seville area...

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
If its 180k, dont offer more than 4000 if its in perfect condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its going to be around $4000..... runs great (of course they'll say that)... new front suspension, everything works....

should i run the "code" thing i've been seeing here on the forum... to diagnose the systems?

thanx in advance

love the forum........

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
180 K? Might turn out to be more trouble than it's worth! Unless it was very meticulously maintained and had all the necessary improvements done ( Timeserts, Case half leak, and so on...) That's a LOT of miles! I'd offer the guy $3,000 or so and be prepared to walk away if he won't take less than $4,000.

Also, Be prepared to spend some money on the thing. If you aren't, You'll be unhappy with the car!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
No more than 3,000, and have him do a carfax. Also ask for maintenance records. If he doesnt have maintenance records and wont give you a carfax and/or it doesnt look good, walk away. There are many more cadillacs with lower mileage for not much more. You could probably get one for about 6000 with around 100k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
elwesso