Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Seville STS 1994
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my first post in this forum. I've been using you guys to help fix this Cadillac since my fiance and I got it so thanks for all the help there!

Currently we're stuck trying to remove the tcc solinoid. We've searched for the pin from hell that everyone's talked about and cannot find it so we tried pulling the solenoid out with no luck. My fiance broke 2 tools trying to pry it off (probably not the best idea but hey, we're trying our best) it's unplugged no pin in sight but the solenoid will not budge. It just wiggles. Any ideas on what could be causing it to not come out? TIA!!!

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
844 Posts
The pin, is wavy u shaped. It is found just on the inn
Inside wall of the valve body that the solenoid is pushed into. Follow the valve body along the direction that the solenoid points. Usually about 1/8-1/4 in from the edge of the valve body. You'll need a pick.

Helpful to have a mirror on stick or a boroscope camera to see, then feel around.

·
Registered
Seville STS 1994
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I've looked through almost every thread related to tcc solinoid work here and on YouTube as well and have had no luck. I'm absolutely positive there's no pin in place currently. We scoped the entire side panel last night before posting and couldn't see anything that could be holding it in place. The part that's stuck is the solenoid it's self. My partner was wondering if it could have melted in place?

My father in law suggested putting car in neutral to remove the solenoid. Would that have any effect?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Found this site with some good pictures of clip and mirror

And here

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Bear in mind that the pictures and diagram in the second link are for the 4T65E. Not exactly the same as a 4T80E. Some of the solenoid locations will be different.

·
Registered
Seville STS 1994
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I super appreciate the help but once again. The pin is not there. It's gone. Absolutely, 1000% no pin holding it in. There sould be nothing holding the solenoid in place and yet it will not come out.

·
Registered
Seville STS 1994
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. Like I said. It's not there. I'm sorry I've been calling it a pin and not a clip but it's is not there either way.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Theory:

• Clip may have broken, come out.
  • Since not locked in, the solenoid activation may have pushed the solenoid back a bit, not pressing the valve far enough - setting the code.
  • the solenoid moving around, might have damaged an oring inside.
You'll need to pry the solenoid out to "break" past the damaged oring.

Check in the bottom of the pan to see if the clip or parts are there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts