Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to look at my car for delivery yesterday after waiting and something ironic happened.

I dropped off a car that had the infamous northstar head gasket problem, the crank leak and a small crack on one head. After getting into labor, i went for a complete rebuild.

Well, I went down there to find a car that had every error message possible coming across the data screen. Service Ride Control, ABS Not Functioning (or something like that), Low A/C Fluid AC Compressor Shut down, the ABS light on, Traction Control Not Active.

I got in to drive it and the steering is now way over light... pinky turning and about an inch in play off center. Downright scary to drive on the freeway where I remember before it was very confident and solid steering, more like there was no power steering on the freeway for road feel.

The engine, however, was AWESOME. Sounded good, plenty of power (more than I remember in any N* I've ever driven).

So, it is still down at the shop getting every wire traced and if they can't find it, it will be going to the Caddy dealership for some help.

I'm SO disappointed. I'm sure all these things are interrelated and fixing one thing might make all the others come together but the one thing I'm most worried about now is the steering.

Can someone explain to me how the variable assist works and what might hinder it from "variabling" down when it gets to speed? It now feels like a 1970's GM car with feather touch steering. I much prefered the tighter, heavier movement on the wheel.

I'm kicking myself for making what I believe to be the worst decision in my entire life - not taking into account the fact that they might break a whole bunch of thigns while fixing the Northstar.

There is no doubt though, now, that this sucker has its full 300HP or more!

Any comments are welcome. I am a disabled person and know that in a perfect world I would have done this myself as a mechanic from way back... but with my back injury it just wasn't a choice.

Adam

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 1994 STS Engine R&R Update (A/C Question)

I understand that a lot of these issues are intertwined - and it looks like I'm going to have to help this guy figure out what the problem is.

Can anyone identify a part that would make the systemthink the A/C compressor is out of R34a when in fact it is full?

I want my car back and I know we're close.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts