Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
none
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few general questions about this car,
which plugs to use , platinums? any special gapping needed?
what if you don't use 91 octane and stick to 90 and 87? any problems down the road?
which brand of bulbs seems to be the best for the glass headlights , did anyone mod a high beam9005 into lowbeam9006?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,543 Posts
Use A/C Delco 41-950 dual platinum tipped plugs. No substitutes.

Run any fuel you want. You won't do any harm. The Northstar has a knock sensor and will adjust the timing if it senses a spark knock.

·
Registered
1995 STS
34 Posts
If you want good headlights use the Silverstar Ultras. I have tried many different bulbs over the years and keep going back to them. Would even recommend them over doing a HID swap, most kits are junk and you will run into problems eventually. Switching over to 9005 will not net much, only 5 watts more, not worth the hassle if you ask me. One thing worth a try may be to mod the inside of the housing and removing the bulb sleeve inside, the beam gets much wider and higher, oncoming cars might not be a fan though!

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe
821 Posts
Run any fuel you want. You won't do any harm. The Northstar has a knock sensor and will adjust the timing if it senses a spark knock.
Correct me if I'm wrong, Ranger, but I believe the earlier run of Northstars did NOT come with knock sensors up until about 97 or 98. Anyone else that knows for sure can chime in at any time.. :)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,004 Posts
RockAuto lists knock sensors for the 1994 N*, ranging in price from $28 to $52.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts