Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i got a 93 Seville with a 4.9 gm as a donor car , a 90 VW Jetta Diesel donor car and I have a 94 Seville sts with a 4.6L .
the 94 is in immaculate shape besides the fact it has a cracked block . I am having issues trying to find a replacement block or engine
so i have a couple options. the diesel swap is actually pretty straight forward but involves me dumping around 4k in to the car for a adapter plate and a transmission controller . I could put the 4.9 in although I not sure but would assume swapping of ecu, tcu and wiring harnesses. im from south western Ontario and I would really just love to find a 4.6 for it … or if anyone has a decent compatible engine swap please enlighten me . I just wanna get this beauty rolling

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,284 Posts
Swapping in anything other than another 4.6 (93/94) will most likely be a massive undertaking, mainly due to wiring, sensors and the PCM not being compatible, not to mention that the 4.9 and 4.6 use different transmissions.

I wouldn't even know where to start with a diesel, ESPECIALLY if it came out of a VW.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,287 Posts
The 4.6 - from the same year/model - is the answer. The other jury-rig swaps would be true nightmares.

Talk to Jake at www.northstarperformance.com. Ontario, Northstar engine builder.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,978 Posts
unless you have Jay Leno kind of money -
you'll need to stick with a 1993 or 1994 Northstar motor -

if you ARE going to do some sort of engine swap -
might as well go with a 500+ CID and make it rear wheel drive -

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,284 Posts
Apparently I misread post #1. Post #2 corrected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts