Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1994 Sedan Deville so I run a diagnostic test on it and A011 comes out current.....I drive it back to my place less then a mile away...I get out and I hear cooking sounds and then I see light green fluid pouring out and then steam.....I open the hood and more smoke comes out and after a while it stops poring fluid and cools down...I turn on the engine to find out what’s not working the only thing I see is the fan in front of the radiator is not moving.....I go online to find out what AO11 means and its the temp senor circuit....I am going take it in to find out what the hell happened but would like to hear info on my problem...

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
There's a alot of things that can cause the motor to overheat.

Bad water pump, stuck thermostat, cracked hose, cracked radiator, failed headgaskets, clog or air somewhere in the system.

The fact that it was steaming and pumping out coolant is a very bad sign. Exactly how hot did it get? If it hit 250-265 you've got a pretty good chance that something has been damaged in the engine. The temp sensor, i believe is just for the temperature gauge, i don't think it has anything to do with how hot or cool the engine runs, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t know what the temp was....no warnings come on no check coolant level.....no sigh of problem in till I parked it in front on my house that’s when all the stuff happened.....and the stuff just came out of the top of the coolant tank. And I found out the fan should have came on. There seems to be no more coolant in the tank and still no warning sign….

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was it pumping out of the overflow tank ? How full was the tank ? Over flow tank when cool is about 1/2 full. When was the last time you added coolant ? Your overfull tank may of been to full. When cool, remove coolant from the overfull tank to to cold level marked on the tank. Then check the coolant level in the radiator. If you add coolant to the radiator, do not forget to add the radiator tablets. Also, you may want to replace your Heater control valve, it normally a $15.00 part, except at the Broomfield, CO Chevy dealer who will sell it to you for $30.00. Mine just fell apart the other night, the second plasic part in the radiator line in three months that has failed - most likely due to age (93 deville).

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the overflow tank...IDK I just got the day the same day.... so I don’t know how long it could have been....I haven’t check the radiator but I am take it in 2marrow to see what’s up...And tablets what kind do I need or is there just one kind....And how do I fix the temp senor circuit prob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just one type of tables, just ask the parts person at the Chev dealer. They come six per pack, just crumble them and place them in the radiator. As for the temp circuit issue, I had a new sensor installed auto repair shop when my light keep coming on when I had good fluid level and no overheating. GM tabs #3634621,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts