Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1994 cadillac fleetwood brougham, VIN: 1G6DW52P0RR719431, makes a sound like a cow's looong moo sound. I hear it more when engine is cold, and more prominently when i turn right than left. I want to isolate this sound. Could it be coming from the pump, the shock absorber damper or from the rack&pinion if the car has one, but I do not see a rack&pinion under the car. Your response will be much appreciated.
Gerraf

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,286 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to replace power steering pump?

My 1994 cadillac fleetwood brougham, VIN: 1G6DW52P0RR719431, makes a sound like a cow's looong moo sound. I hear it more when engine is cold, and more prominently when i turn right than left. I want to isolate this sound. Could it be coming from the pump, the shock absorber damper or from the rack&pinion if the car has one, but I do not see a rack&pinion under the car. Your response will be much appreciated.
Gerraf
====================
completely different car -

you would be better off in the rear wheel drive forum -
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/

·
Registered
2001 deville 2.6 y
1 Posts
Re: How difficult is it to replace power steering pump?

It is much easier to first install the power steering pump,then use a pulley press tool to install the pulley.Both Autozone and Advance auto parts will loan you the tool(a deposit representing the tool purchase price is required).If the pulley is installed first,it will be difficult to impossible to install the pump mounting bolts.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gerraf
It turned out the noise was coming from the ABS/TCS box just behind the driver side headlight. I removed the fuse to EBTCM and the noise stopped. Now I need to understand the cause of this failure. According to the Service Manual for this car, the cause of failure could be many, and it could be external to the EBTCM, not necessarily inside the module. But in either case I need to find the module location. The service manual says the following:It is mounted under the left side of the instrument panel assembly above and to the left of the brake pedal assembly on the diagnostic energy reserve module bracket. That's a mouth full. I take it that it means it is next to the brake pedal next to or above the driver's left foot. Please let me know if you think it is somewhere else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts