Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Eldorado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 94 Eldo and I ran into an issue with the ignition control module. I drove it on the expressway. Went to 4th gear then the car dropped down to the first gear. It happened once again after I shut the car off for a day or so. The car has 94,000 miles on it and runs great otherwise. I've searched for the part. However, it seems as if nowhere in the US of A has this. The ICM can be switched with any ICM from the years of 94-99. Any help with such an issue? Any Vintage or Old school Cadillac part stores in the USA I can get in contact with?

Thanks

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, ','95 eldo,' ,'11CTS-V,'66 corvair.'03 deville,'00 deville
2,184 Posts
Why do you think the ignition control module is causing your tranny to shift from 4th to 1st.
Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
88 CPE DV, 93 ELDO TOURING
174 Posts
You didn't list any engine or transmission. If the engine runs OK its not the ICM; sounds like what my 91 Eldo N* (4T80E) did when the shift solenoid broke. Wife was driving, it dropped into 2nd gear and she drove it 55 MPH in 2nd gear, about 6500 rpm. Solenoid kit was I believe around 60 bucks. They wanted $750 to replace them. I did it myself. Took me 11 hours and I'm pretty much auto-trans expert.

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Eldorado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do you think the ignition control module is causing your tranny to shift from 4th to 1st.
Or am I missing something?
Well, all the codes routed to the ignition control module. The wires and everything look good. I'm going to give it a tune up after I reapply the old one. See what happens. I can't find the part for the life of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts