Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 cadillac eldorado
2 Posts
i have 94 cadillac eldorado and i just put on a new radiator and water pump hose and i'm still overheating can someone help solve the problem or do i have a bad water pump or thermostat and i can 't find where my thermostat is located at

my thermostat went bad in my car i have 94 cadillac eldorado now i'm trying to find out where it at and the other problem is that when i was putting anti-freeze back in my car once i started it up and i saw coolant running out from the bottom of the car i look at my engine to see where it was coming from and it look like it was coming from the driver side of the engine from the bottom hose does that mean i busted my engine or just the thermostat housing broke i need to know fast before i take it off and replace the thermostat

Hello i have a problem with my 94 Cadillac Eldorado. I just recently put on a water pump and thermostat and drive belt and I'm still leaking anti-freeze i took it to the shop and they told me that i need two water pump mounting gaskets and a bypass hose. Can someone show me a video or diagram for these parts and how to put them on please or i just need a bypass hose only and just find where it leaking from

hey can anyone help located my bypass hose on my 94 Eldorado I'm leaking from the bottom of my engine and i just replace my water pump and drive belt and thermostat and gaskets but i can't seem to find that hose can someone so me a diagram or video on this matter plz

i have coolant leaking problems on my 94 eldorado and i'm looking for help and trying to find the bypass hose on it can anyone help me

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,455 Posts
Which engine - Northstar or 4.9 ?

If on a Northstar, there's no "bypass hose" - you check and clean the purge line that runs from the water crossover hollow bolt/nipple to the upper side of the surge tank.

I moved your post from the dead thread (5 years) to your own thread. Matter of fact, I moved the same post from CTS and a few other places, including the same question from years ago. It's all in your own thread here.

Please read the PM I sent to you.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Who replaced the pump, you? If so, did you replace the O ring that goes in before the pump cartridge, as well as the pump cover gasket?

Can you see the hose that you think is leaking? If so, what is it connected to?

·
Registered
94 cadillac eldorado
2 Posts
having coolant problems

I have 94 Eldorado and it's having coolant problems I'm leaking anti-freeze from the bottom of my engine and my cooling fan is not working HVAC fuse is blown it must be replace and i hear a hissing sound coming for back of my water pump housing. I did replace the water pump and thermostat and drive belt and gasket but my car is running temps up to 232 and it's starts steaming can anyone help me with this problem and provide any diagram and video's

Moderator edit: Moved from Site News and Help Desk. PM sent.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
Do you know where it is leaking from?
Check the two heater pipes (#5 & 6) that run along the rear head. Very hard to see (or replace), but known for rusting out and leaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts