Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 concours, 1996 deville, 1997 deville, 2006 STS V8
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i have just bought a 1994 deville and the service ride control message comes up, i have the pulled the codes they are S060 and S073 i was wondering if any one can help me find the solution to fix this. It also has the 4.6l n* engine

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
S060-----Left Front Position Sensor Fault
S073-----Right Rear Accelerometer Fault

The S060 is most likely just a computer fart, so you can just clear it and see if it comes back.

The S073 however, you're going to have to check your RR accelerometer.

Look at this:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56391

What I did in that thread is still working. I haven't had the code ever since.

BTW, the RR accelerometer is located on the side of a frame member underneath the ELC compressor. You don't need tools to take it off (unless it's rusted in place, then use a flathead screwdriver), it just lifts up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i will try that if the dealership where i bougth the car cant find the part, i told them since i just bougth the cae they have to do the repair for free, and they agreed with that if the part can be found

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be great if you could podt those pictures, thanks for all of your help

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Well Yesturday I couldn't take the pictures because it was pouring over here, and also, quite literally, flooding. Today looks to be a clearer day though so I'll take the pictures when I get out of college. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts