Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone who posts on this. I was in lowell, mass about a month ago, going up first street, when see that some jackass threw his snow in the street, a code violation, and it melted and turned to ice. So i slow down to about 20, when i hit the ice, my car spins sideways. I straighten it out so that I have some control. I kept from going off a 90 foot embankment, but met a telephone pole on the right front corner. Bent engine cradle, broken axle, damadged hood, a fender that could now fit inside a child's backpack, a damadged wheel well, and some other crap. I have been going crazy looking for parts for it because it was my grandfathers and i won't let it go. I need lots of help looking for parts. I live in Amherst, NH. I will have pics soon. If you have any more questions, just ask. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't take legal action, They could say it was runoff, which is impossible because it was across the whole road, and the roads are crowned here in New england, plus they sanded it after the accident. Bullsh*t

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
I would check local junkyards and stuff....

...sounds like me, but for me it was 1989 Oldsmobile+ice+telephone poll= me not too pissed off....

... I was going aorund a turn about 25-30, hit ice, car went stright, would have just ran in a snow bank but there was a poll, I saved it from being a head on, but the mid part of my left fender hit the poll, the mirror within a split second was gone and the door would have been ok, but the car has the same door handles as my DeVille (GM used them for about 60 years or so) and when the poll hit that, the whole part of the door got pushed in..... the plastic inner fender part rubs the wheel over bumps and right turns and stuff, and i need a new mirror, the door used to not open (hit the fender) but with a trusty crow bar, we fixed that, now the door opens, we got the door fixed pretty good, it is ripped, but everything is even, and we primed the spots where the paint is gone so it will not rust... and I need a new door handle.... after that, the car will be fine, then in the Spring, after the winter, I'll get a new fender, and possibly door....

So like I said, the door is alot better now..... the damage isn't too bad nothing on the car was affected, just cosmetic, and i like this car (3800 V6) and will keep it a few years as the winter/2nd car (DeVille is away for the winter) I can say, this is why I have a winter car and the DeVille is not out for the winter :D

*the 2 smaller dents on the left fender, and the bumper moulding were like that when I got the car.... my $500 winter car, but it sat for 2 years, so it needed some work, we did it our self though so it wasn't too bad

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't take legal action, which makes me extremely pissed. I'll get pics up as soon as i can. Its looks pretty bad, but the cradle isn't damadged = - ). THe stupid tow guy broke my linkage rod when he was towing back to my house. No tip for him = - ). Thanks for all your concern.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have pics, i just need to get them scanned. it isn't pretty looking from the pics, but the damadge isn't that severe. New fender, wheel well, hood, lights on rh side, bumper, tire, axle ( snapped off at cv joint thank god, not inside the tranny), and a new control arm ( snapped off at wheel). Do these cars have steering knucles or are they different?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Night Wolf said:
I would check local junkyards and stuff....

...sounds like me, but for me it was 1989 Oldsmobile+ice+telephone poll= me not too pissed off....

... I was going aorund a turn about 25-30, hit ice, car went stright, would have just ran in a snow bank but there was a poll, I saved it from being a head on, but the mid part of my left fender hit the poll, the mirror within a split second was gone and the door would have been ok, but the car has the same door handles as my DeVille (GM used them for about 60 years or so) and when the poll hit that, the whole part of the door got pushed in..... the plastic inner fender part rubs the wheel over bumps and right turns and stuff, and i need a new mirror, the door used to not open (hit the fender) but with a trusty crow bar, we fixed that, now the door opens, we got the door fixed pretty good, it is ripped, but everything is even, and we primed the spots where the paint is gone so it will not rust... and I need a new door handle.... after that, the car will be fine, then in the Spring, after the winter, I'll get a new fender, and possibly door....

So like I said, the door is alot better now..... the damage isn't too bad nothing on the car was affected, just cosmetic, and i like this car (3800 V6) and will keep it a few years as the winter/2nd car (DeVille is away for the winter) I can say, this is why I have a winter car and the DeVille is not out for the winter :D

*the 2 smaller dents on the left fender, and the bumper moulding were like that when I got the car.... my $500 winter car, but it sat for 2 years, so it needed some work, we did it our self though so it wasn't too bad
I really miss my 96 Olds. It is because of weather that I lost it. Tornado last Easter. That's when I got the Caddy, I won't be damed if I didn't have window damage from hail two days later on my new baby. Sheesh, weather can be a nightmare. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
RBraczyk said:
I can't take legal action, which makes me extremely pissed. I'll get pics up as soon as i can. Its looks pretty bad, but the cradle isn't damadged = - ). THe stupid tow guy broke my linkage rod when he was towing back to my house. No tip for him = - ). Thanks for all your concern.
Any damage is bad, but I think your car held up pretty well, and you weren't severly injured either. Be glad it was a Caddy and not one of these tin cans. :coolgleam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
RBraczyk