Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Deville
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my question has to do with my 1994 concorse deville i dont know much about cadillacs at all but everytime i ask a question on here you guys been right every single time and saved me alot of money..so my question is i have a 4.9 northstar in my car is it possible without doing to much work to put a 4.9 in it not a northstar only reason i ask is cause my friend had one in his deville and he never had a problem wait he had a couple but people and yourself can actually work on it and get to everything without paying somoene 800.00 to replace a starter. i mean i could work on that motor and the northstar nobody wants to work on that motor at all i mean i would have to travel liek an hour away from where i live to find 1 person that would want to work on the car! my second question is what models and years can i grab a northstar out of or the 4.9 out of? and i know well i heard there was different types of northstars and i dont want to buy something and find out its the wrong one so i came to you guys what style northstar do i need to get cause i seen a couple different setups and peopel talkign about Vin's and everything so i hope you guys can help me out on that..and if anyone is wondering why iam asking this its cause i did the test on the car it came up with a combustion leak and most likey its the head gasket and i found someone that will do a replacement motor cheaper than teh head gasket cause its just too much crap! and plus i heard i would be way better off and could avoid some pain in teh butt problems down the road if i plan on keeping th car i really hope you guys can help me on this one so far everyone is 110% right everytime on here and save me so much money and i appricate that guys thanks!:worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
No such thing as a 4.9L Northstar. It's either the 4.9 or the Northstar, which is a 4.6L. Your Concours has the 4.6L Northstar.

·
Registered
1994 Deville
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know that lol iam asking could i put a 4.9 in my car instead of goign to get another northstar which blows ass and have teh same problem..my question is can i put the 4.9 in place of the northstar?

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Oh, my bad. Ummmm, I'm not positive on this, but I don't think it'll work unless you wanna spend a lot more time and money necessary to do it. IIRC, the wiring and engine computers are totally different between the two.

·
Registered
1994 Deville
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i figured that i was just curious to know if it could be done and wonder if it was that big of a hassel...but do you know what year models i can get a northstar from and what kind of northstar cause i seen a few different setups of northstars and i have a 1994 concorse deville and i have a bad head gasket so i know someone that will do it cheaper if i get a motor so i dont know what years i can grab the motor from and what kind of northstar cause i know everyone says it goes bye the vin number! but i dont know anything about it so thats why iam asking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts