Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is my problem!! 1994 Concors has begun is very annoying humming that seems to be located midway between the front and back seat under the car. The humming is very high pitch and grows louder as the car travels. Hums constantly in any gear including neutral and park. Has anybody out there had the same problem and solved it? Please reply. Thanks

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
It sounds like a wheel bearing or some kinda bearing going bad (total guess, shot in the dark).....

:welcome: to the forums by the way....don't worry someone smart will chime in soon

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,789 Posts
If it is happening in neutral (I assume you mean the car is not in motion) and park (I know the car is not in motion), then I would rule out a wheel bearing. I would look for an exhaust leak maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's really weird. I just logged on to complain about the exact same problem. I've got a 97' DeVille that whines obnoxiously. I bought the car four months ago and noticed a bit of a hum, but over the past few months it's slowly gotten louder. The noise stays the same pitch no matter what speed the engine is running or what gear it's in and, like said above, it doesn't seem to be coming from the engine, but somewhere towards the center of the car.
Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. I hate being clueless.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
Bill97 said:
That's really weird. I just logged on to complain about the exact same problem. I've got a 97' DeVille that whines obnoxiously. I bought the car four months ago and noticed a bit of a hum, but over the past few months it's slowly gotten louder. The noise stays the same pitch no matter what speed the engine is running or what gear it's in and, like said above, it doesn't seem to be coming from the engine, but somewhere towards the center of the car.
Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. I hate being clueless.
How about the rear seat ventilation fan? Is it on? What if you turn it off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just went out to play with it a little and the whine is there constantly with air or econ on and with the climate control off. I've been reading around and several people have mentioned that the fuel pump makes noise before it starts to go. There's also a little bit of a rattling noise that comes up about one in five times I drive it that seems to be coming from the same place. It seems to be louder inside the car than out, but it sort of echos through the cabin, so it's really hard to place.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
Bill97 said:
I just went out to play with it a little and the whine is there constantly with air or econ on and with the climate control off. I've been reading around and several people have mentioned that the fuel pump makes noise before it starts to go. There's also a little bit of a rattling noise that comes up about one in five times I drive it that seems to be coming from the same place. It seems to be louder inside the car than out, but it sort of echos through the cabin, so it's really hard to place.
Climate control on or off has nothing to do with the rear blower. There is a switch in the back seat for the rear seat blower. If it's on, it makes noise. That's what I would look for. It runs whether you have the climate system on or off.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,789 Posts
I don't think the Deville has that rear fan feature, Mike. At least mine didn't.

If you think it is the fuel pump, open the filler cap and put an ear to the filler pipe. If it is the pump, it will be very evident at that point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts