Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
when i held off and warmer at the same time it said.p021history, p067history, p071history, and i039 history...no acp codes, no sir codes, no tcp codes...pcm?
what does all this mean?

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
po21= Open TPS Signal
po67= Cruise Switch shorted at Enable
po71=Intermittent MAP Signal
io39 is a suspension issue (communitcation)

since these are all "history" i would worry about them , the moment there "current" is when we need to work with it ....

·
Registered
Ex:'92 ETC 4.9 Current:'91 Sedan Deville 4.9
691 Posts
i've had my idler pulley seize up on me just where you said it would, in the middle of no where.
92 eldorado 151,xxx. same engine, maybe less problems than the devilles.
can still relate to a few issues you listed.
good job

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
BLU CADDY said:
how do i get these promblems fixed??
well since each code had history next to it the problem is solved , when the codes have "current" next to them is when you have a problem ....no worries blu ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
well theres sumthing wrong with my car and i keep going to mechanics and they tell me that the computer they put it on is saying faulty of cruise control and i dont understand.. my car starts up and drives but afta i shut it off it doesnt start back up and when im driving it, it takes alot of time to go past a certain speed limit..i bought a new cruise control, a pick up and distributer cap and rotor...do u have ne idea wat the promblem is...thank u very much..

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Meh ....Its kinda at a standstill ....New job , moving , and possibly another job workin on old firetrucks ....Just not ready to get back to school and chase down that degree , got the first one ....i want the second one ...but the timing right now isnt good ....I want to get everything settled again so i can focus on my studys ...Takes alot of effort for someone like me to maintain a 3.0 avg ...

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Thanksso much for the reply. Much appreciated (the guys at jiffylube still don't believe me). Also, another question if you have the time:
The fan in the car (defrost and vent) only works periodically, do you think i might need a new blower motor or could it be a wire (does the blower motor either work or not work/ or could it work periodically)? Also, could electrical problems cause the car to lose power or be chuggy in acceleration?

Jamen

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
thats easy , dont ever take the car to jiffy lube .....i lost a transmission to those bastards ....there clueless ...

i would check the connector at the blower motor , they come loose from time to time and simply need shoved back in after a little cleaning

as for the chug and loss of power it could be a host of things , do you have a "check engine" light?

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Deville
5 Posts
For my Review I will write about the 1994 Sedan Deville.

First is a key when your looking at just about any Cadillac, push “off” and “warmer”, this will yield any trouble codes for the car, if your looking at a Deville, write any codes down and come back and see us.
Stoneage: I tried this on my 94 Deville and could not get it to work.

First I assume when you say push "off" your are talking about on the climate control area. Thats the only area I see an off button. And "warmer" is the red button that raises the temp.

Does the engine need to be running or just the ignition. Do both of the buttons have to be pushed at the same time? I tried several combinations and could not see any codes come up. Where do they come up at?

Thanks!

EDIT: Oops, never mind. I got it to work!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I remember the first time I put it in diagnostic mode, I was amazed!

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
HELP!
I am needing to know about the "codes" you mentioned.....I do not understand..."OFF" and "WARMER"??? I am lost... do you mean the A/C off ??? and the red bar for "warmer" at the same time or what??? I tried this with no luck...sorry...

I have a continous "Service Ride Control" message, that has been on for YEARS now, Cadillac says it's no problem and I could come by and have it disabled.

Also, where can you, inexpensively, purchase parts for this vehicle, since most are not being made anymore.

Can you get these coolant pellets somewhere else, besides the Cadillac dealership...which is $100. for anything!!!...

It gets VERY HOT here and since I have had more than one Caddy, I've had to have the rear view mirrors replaced a number of times...any TIPS for avoiding this happening yet again? That glue just doesn't do for the life of the car and the dealerships are fairly nice about it, but it is a hassle to go in to have 'em glue it back up.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
HELP!
I am needing to know about the "codes" you mentioned.....I do not understand..."OFF" and "WARMER"??? I am lost... do you mean the A/C off ??? and the red bar for "warmer" at the same time or what??? I tried this with no luck...sorry...

I have a continous "Service Ride Control" message, that has been on for YEARS now, Cadillac says it's no problem and I could come by and have it disabled.

Also, where can you, inexpensively, purchase parts for this vehicle, since most are not being made anymore.

Can you get these coolant pellets somewhere else, besides the Cadillac dealership...which is $100. for anything!!!...

It gets VERY HOT here and since I have had more than one Caddy, I've had to have the rear view mirrors replaced a number of times...any TIPS for avoiding this happening yet again? That glue just doesn't do for the life of the car and the dealerships are fairly nice about it, but it is a hassle to go in to have 'em glue it back up.
push and hold boath of those button you mentioned at the same time , itll go into diagnostics after a second ....

as for parts , youd be surpised how reasonable most parts are outside the stealership ....but some parts , like the waterpump are worth every penny at the stealership

i remeber only paying 10 bucks for the pellets at the dealer ill check tomorrow when im there workin and make sure they still run that price and if they can still be bought

the rear view mirror issue is classic GM ....it happens , not much you can do but autozone and other parts stores carry kits to glue them back in place ...

cadillac will tell you its no problem with the service suspension light , and there right it really isnt , but it will cost you to have them bypass the system not only for the kit , but they wont touch it unless you go ahead and buy new struts thru them too ...plan on close to a grand to have them do it for you ....

also , be sure to not be a stranger around here , esp when you go to the dealer , dont be afird when they recomend various services to say "let me think about it tonight" and stop by and ask us if it is something you should do ....were here to help and have a good time ....

enjoy your 94 !

21 - 40 of 78 Posts