Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 cadillac fleetwood
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased a 94 Fleetwood. It came with 2 aftermarket remotes that work the doors. They do not have a button to open the trunk. I purchased a factory remote for the 94. When I looked in the trunk for the connector that all of the instructions say to use, it is not there. I have even unwrapped all the wiring and cannot see any connector there. So how do I program the factory remote?? I am at a loss as to how the aftermarket remotes work and how they were even programmed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, the button in the glove box will open the trunk. thanks, slvrvetteman

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,474 Posts
The car never came with factory remotes, so the stock remote can not work with this car. Most aftermarket systems have the function for doors and trunk.. So my bet, it can open the trunk but has not been hooked up.. Try to get the paperwork on the model you have and wire it up to open the trunk.... OR... buy a new system and put it in... Its not so hard when there is one already in there..

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,732 Posts
Look on your SPID. Look for AU0. If you have that, you do indeed have factory keyless. Get back to us with the answer, and we can help after we know.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
If he looked in the trunk and there is no wire to jump he never had that option. I have a Fleetwood that did not come with it.. I did the same thing as he did...Looked in the trunk and could not find it... That was my first 94 Fleetwood ..

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Its too dam cold out there to go look.. After fighting this snow I'm staying inside as long as I can.. But I'll bet no... It did not have a lot of options, rear view mirror cheap one , no heated seats, no CD...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts