Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 CadillacSedan Deville
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just recently started having starting problems. Replaced battery about 2 months ago, starting problem went away. Now it seems as if the neutral safety switch may be going out. Car starts in Park if shift lever is wiggled and in neutral gear, but seems to drag a lot. I also suspect possible starter problem. How hard is it to replace neutral safety switch?, as my Chilton repair manual is not the best. I have worked on a lot of cars in the last 53 years but never a chevy or cadillac.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,559 Posts
It is not bad if memory serves me correctly. The switch is incorporated in the PRNDL switch. It is on top of the trans. Just follow the shift cable to it. Also if I remember correctly, there is an adjustment procedure in the FSM which may be all you need.

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Deville
29 Posts
Its honestly really simple. You'll need basically a paper clip(for the adjustment). If I remember correctly, its 2 bolts, a plug and a vacuum line. Make sure you nail the adjustment procedure or else the reverse lights wont work without wiggling the shift lever. I ran into that. Good luck man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts