Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying my Seville sts 93 northstar this year I am desperate to get my speedometer working as normal. The problem is that my instrumencluster doesn’t work in the first 15min of driving. And after 15min I turn my car off and then on and then the instrument cluster works as normal. I have mounted a killswitch next to the battery in hope that it could solve the problem. (Which didnt do a thing). When the instrument cluster is dead the only light showing is the ABS light. (And the ABS is disabled) Also the AC is on full blast. And I can dim the speedometer lights. When the Instrument cluster works, everything works.

Also I have no power to the license plate lights, and the right parking light, and the right front power window. Not sure if this has anything to do to the instrument cluster. My AC wont blow cold air, but when the instrument cluster works it says ”Very low refrigerant” so I guess thats why.

I appreciate all the help I can get, Clueless Swede 🇸🇪

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After buying my Seville sts 93 northstar this year I am desperate to get my speedometer working as normal. The problem is that my instrumencluster doesn’t work in the first 15min of driving. And after 15min I turn my car off and then on and then the instrument cluster works as normal. I have mounted a killswitch next to the battery in hope that it could solve the problem. (Which didnt do a thing). When the instrument cluster is dead the only light showing is the ABS light. (And the ABS is disabled) Also the AC is on full blast. And I can dim the speedometer lights. When the Instrument cluster works, everything works.

Also I have no power to the license plate lights, and the right parking light, and the right front power window. Not sure if this has anything to do to the instrument cluster. My AC wont blow cold air, but when the instrument cluster works it says ”Very low refrigerant” so I guess thats why.

I appreciate all the help I can get, Clueless Swede 🇸🇪
Also sometimes when it works it dies for no reason. Sometimes it wont work after 15min either. Sometimes it works right away.

·
Registered
Cadillac Seville STS (1994), 4.6L
4 Posts
Hello
I own a 94 Seville STS (4.6L) and do have the same symptoms. The cluster works for weeks without any symptoms. Suddenly all dials revs up full to the right, all (and I really mean all) lights are on then the complete cluster is dark and the dials fall to zero (left side). As you mentioned the AC ist on full cold blast, but I can do nothing. I can not say anything about my outer lights because my cluster only dies when I am driving. If I stop the car, shut off and start the engine again, all is fine - the cluster beheavior is like normal. I do not have any lights, digital messages in DIC, the complete cluster is dark. The failure seems not to be speed dependent (or caused by bumps), sometimes it fails at 140 km/h sometimes at 20 ... Sometimes when hot ...
Strange thing ...
I haven't the faintest idea where to start searching.
Greetings
LG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello
I own a 94 Seville STS (4.6L) and do have the same symptoms. The cluster works for weeks without any symptoms. Suddenly all dials revs up full to the right, all (and I really mean all) lights are on then the complete cluster is dark and the dials fall to zero (left side). As you mentioned the AC ist on full cold blast, but I can do nothing. I can not say anything about my outer lights because my cluster only dies when I am driving. If I stop the car, shut off and start the engine again, all is fine - the cluster beheavior is like normal. I do not have any lights, digital messages in DIC, the complete cluster is dark. The failure seems not to be speed dependent (or caused by bumps), sometimes it fails at 140 km/h sometimes at 20 ... Sometimes when hot ...
Strange thing ...
I haven't the faintest idea where to start searching.
Greetings
LG
Interesting. I have been all over the car looking for bad ground points but everything seems to look okay. Cant find much information about this kind of problem on the internet. The previous owners had a big subwoofer in the car. Could that have burnt something?

·
Registered
Cadillac Seville STS (1994), 4.6L
4 Posts
I do not think so, because subwoofers use a lot of power. So the previous owner should have used a seperate (maybe thicker) wire and also a seperate fuse. My suspicion aims also at a bad ground point. I will retrieve DTCs, but I have done this before and there was nothing aiming at my problem (memory error, lost supply voltage ..). Anyway I will retry, maybe there is something new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts