Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probably belongs in the suspension forum, but I wanted to get the most possible posts from sedan deville or 60 owners. I am not a big mechanic or anything, but I did have the idea of converting to air bag suspension (if I did not have it already) so i could drop the car and raise it for those damn speed bumps. So my first question is, does a 1993 Sixty Special have air bag suspension or not? If so, how difficult or costly would it be to rig up an airtank and switch setup to let air out and in at the flip of a switch? Thanx in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.
Jacob Hoppe

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
It has rear air shocks that are automatically controlled via a rear height sensor hooked to the rear suspension. And YES it can be rigged to be controlled manually.
BTW, cute avatar, you just get back from the dentist? ;)

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yo....
So if i wanted to drop the entire car, I'd have to install air shocks on the front, right? Anyone have a ballpark estimate on prices or if its worth it to have a dropped caddy? thanx for the quick info, and no, I did not come back from the dentist, if I recall correctly I just got my digital camera and decided to have some OE 800 and then take some crazy pictures! LOL Then I noticed that the beautiful members (most notibly supafly.......yessssss) of this forum have their pics as their avatars, and so I decided to attempt to join this group :D
Jacob Hoppe

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Just remember that air shocks only RAISE the car from the standard ride height of the springs. When you blow the air from the shocks, the car will only lower to the spring height. This why people use "airbag" suspensions, to allow the car to be lowered all the way down to the bottoming bumpers (if you want).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts