Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trunk pull down will stay up, but won't go down. I went to a junk yard and got one that works. I wonder if the circuitry is bad, or if I have two bad units. The reason I say that is that the unit that I gotat the junk yard was down, andwhen I plugged it into the car, the mechanism went up, but when I pushed the switch down, nothing happened,just like the original one.

Is there a relay that I'm missing? I checked the one under the glove compartment that works with the horn and it is fine. The unit is getting juice to make it extend, but not pull down.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
If it has juice one way it should have juice for the other. I don't remember what triggers the retract function but it might ground through the trunk. Check and see if there is a trunk ground wire and if its connected. Does the light on the trunk lid work? Maybe same connector? I'm just pulling this out of my butt here; if I still had my CDV I'd go check.

·
Banned
Cadillac
102 Posts
both pull downs are junk. I would try to take apart one of them and love it up to see if you could get it working. Its a crap shoot with junkyard parts.:want:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts