Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have access to one of these? I had the OE part#, and if I find it, I will post it. But I don't think they were available past about 1994 from GM.

Finally got a "Service Engine Soon" light, code 54 (low fuel pump voltage) after refilling the tank, and it taking a while cranking over to start. Seems ok now. Key words "for now".

Fuel pumps themselves seem to be no problem, I've had one for a while just in case. The sender seems to be working fine, other than the fact that the tubes visible from under the car look pretty crusty.

The 1990-1992 Brougham sending units are still available from Dorman last time I checked, but part#'s don't cross back to being the same as a 1993. I would assume metal tank vs plastic for 1993 plays a small part in them being different. And I would also assume a 1994-1996 sending unit, or one from another 1991-1993 B-body is different enough where using one would be possible. I recall the fuel pump/sender module for a 1992 Buick Roadmaster being plastic.

A lot of aftermarket catalogs are outright WRONG, and list a 1993-era FWD Deville pump/sender for the RWD 1993 Fleetwood, which I have from years ago and is completely different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the original GM part# for the Fleetwood is/was 25028953.

The skeleton looks to be a match to Delphi HP10030, which is for Caprice/Roadmaster up through 1993 (TBI engine). The main difference is the harness. The Cadillac is a 4-pin, whereas the Chevy/Buick is a 3-pin. My only guess as to the difference is the Cadillac digital dash, whereas the Chevy and Buick B-bodies had analog gauges in those years as far as I know.

The 1990-1992 305/350 Brougham sending unit, again very similar, is a 4-pin, and those cars had a similar, if not the same, digital cluster and gauge as the new body style 1993.

Very tempted to see if the old harness could be swapped into the Delphi HP10030. It would save hundreds of dollars, compared to the 25028953 that is on eBay...to be shipped from Puerto Rico (?!?).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts