Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'72 Eldorado Convertible, '97 Eldorado ETC, '93 Fleetwood
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to associate my new remotes to the Fleetwood (especially since I don't have a door key at the moment!)

Most of what I find searching the web tells me to turn it on and short an indicated connector on the DLC under the dash--but the "indication" is on an associated diagram which as apparently long gone from the web.

I also found one referring to a connector in the trunk, but that seems to actually be for the '94.

So does anyone have a diagram, and know which it actually is (I asume under the dash).

and is that the same connector as the OBD, or another?

thanks

hawk

·
Registered
1976, 1994 Cadillac Fleetwoods, 1996 Lincoln Town Car
221 Posts
Hmm, I'm not too sure about the differences between '93 and '94. On my '94 it's in the back left part of the trunk. There's a connector there that you can short to program the remotes.

Here's a photo from the one in my trunk. It's right off of the black wiring harness. I would recommend looking back there first and then if you can't find it then maybe it's in under the dash.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,669 Posts
You use the trunk one. Key in, turn to RUN, short the connector, locks will cycle to indicate programming mode. Push a button on the new remote, locks will cycle to indicate programming accepted. Repeat.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the picture--I definitely don't have that. So I guess it changed over for '94 (or partway through '93, perhaps . . )

And it's not the same wire in the "dlc" version; they typically refer to "cavity G" or similar--I"m guessing that that would be a female pin receptacle.

thanks

hawk

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
bump

Definitely not in the trunk, so the 93/94 changes seems to be the case.

so it's a question of which thing under the dash.

And one of my daughters managed to lock the car getting out. *#&%).

The fire department got us in, but the alarm is so triggered.

I'll be returning to pull the horn relay, as the door key, which we lack at the moment, seems to be the only way to shut off the alarm without a paired remote . . .

Is there some eventual timeout? It went for several minutes before I disconnected the battery, but it starts again when I reconnect.

[the one time this trip that I didn't, out of rank paranoia, wait until the other doors were all closed before hitting unlock and closing mine . . .]

update:

We went back, reconnected, and it was still beeping.

I pulled the horn relay, started it, and it would still blink the headlights, and the lock/unlock for out and in of park didn't work.

After driving a couple of miles, however, it did reset, which I noticed because it unlocked when I put it in park. I put the really back in, and that part works . . . now to maintain careful guard driving home . . .

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
. . . bump . . .

I'm still stuck on this.

I expanded my search to "1991 OR 1992 OR 1993" "Fleetwood OR Roadmaster OR caprice" to see if I could get something from a stablemate. All of the new hits refer to the trunk, not the dash . . .

This is the only loose connector on the driver's side trunk, but it seems to have only one conductor:

These are the wires in the harness, with that one circled:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, that's definitely the connector, even though I only have one pin (maybe someone broke the other off?).

When I first measured, there was 11v from ground to that pin, so I took a step back to reflect. I'd hate to connect a hot rail to ground ,. .

Today, I verified that it was 3/4 a volt lower than the battery voltage, put an aligator clip on, and connected to ground with the accessories on.

Indeed, it cycled the locks.

And then it got odd again.

I obtained an NOS 25609144 in a GM bag, complete with Cadillac logo., and a Remocon RMC-105.

It doesn't react to the GM remote at all. I opened it, and both batteries (CR2016) test to 3.25v at no load . The internet search space is too polluted to get good results, but I found references to 2032s at 3.5 or 3.6 new. I tried putting a pair of "new" CR2032s (same voltage, just thicker and capable of delivering more current) from my parts bin in, which both measured 3.35, and the results are no different.

The Remocon is another story. About half the time, the locks do cycle if I depress and hold. When I disconnect the jumper, the car beeps. It will then usually lock if I push the unlock button, but none of the other buttons do anything.

I am, once again, at a loss . . .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Some of the Auto Zones have a key fob tester on the counter.
The idea is to sell you a new battery or maybe they sell the key fobs too.
Just push the test button on the tester and test each button on both the fobs.

Also there seems to be 2 frequencies used 315 & 533.
Some fob sellers ask for existing fob part # of FCC #.
The GM part # 25609144 is only listed as fitting 1992 as far as Fleetwoods on 1 remote site.
It may just be the wrong GM part.
Remotes GM part #'s

Don't know anything about the Remocon RMC-105.
Perhaps it's just not the corect remote.

I tried grabing GM remotes off other cars of the era and they wouldn't program.
Just need to get the correct remote & reciever combination.
Looks like some of what's available is used / reconditioned remotes.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are trying to pair with key in, on RUN (but not started), correct?
Yes, and the locks cycle.

Some of the Auto Zones have a key fob tester on the counter.
I made the rounds. O'Reiley's had been torn off the display, Napa and Pep Boys didn't have them in the first place, and Autozone's could only sense it within an inch or so (instead of the stated 3").

I even bought new batteries (which cost me $132 after everything else, along with a surly cashier).

still no dice.

The GM part # 25609144 is only listed as fitting 1992 as far as Fleetwoods on 1 remote site.
It may just be the wrong GM part.
That now seems extremely likely. I pulled the manual, and it shows the four key narrow remote, not this three key--and describes the usage of the fourth lighting button.

grr.,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts