Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I need to replace the Electronic Climate Control unit on my 1993 Fleetwood. What is the exact way I should go about doing this. I already have the replacement part.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I get that front panel off? I know there are two clips at the bottom but what is going on at the top? I don't want to break it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The "wood" panel at the top is held in by small metal clips. If you use a trim removing tool ( I find the door panel tool works best) at the clip locations, you will be in very little danger of breaking the trim. Once the wood piece is off you will be able to get to the top 2 screws on the center panel.

Be careful not to lose the metal clips from the wood piece. They are famous for pulling away from the trim and remaining in the dash. I have not found a method that is 100% for getting them out once this happens.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ssstealth I'll give it a try. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
>They are famous for pulling away from the trim and remaining in the dash. I have not >found a method that is 100% for getting them out once this happens

I got that one out - this was not easy :) I wish I knew about those before...

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Hmm...sounds like pulling the fake wood strip off when I replace my head unit will be harder than I once thought. :(

I don't have a trim puller and was trying to think of a way to "start" it from one end, so maybe a flathead screwdriver or something?

Hope to god I don't break it... :nono:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
caddycruiser