Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I am soooo confused. I have been trying to run the diagnostics on my 1993 Deville. Upon pressing the off and warmer buttons I enter the diagnostics setting and shortly after some kind of .7 code comes up on my left fuel display. At this point everything sits like that until I get out of the diagnostics mode. Does this means that the diagnostics ran automatically and I dont have any issues? am I supposed to switch between diagnostics to run them? how do I actually "run" these tests once I enter that field? Also, and I dont mean to abuse my newby priveleges :bonkers: I am getting a lot of popping noises (electrical noises) whenever a press my break pedal or use raise or lower my windows when I first start the car. The noise usually dissapears shortly after; why could this be? I would really appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Yes, it sounds like you have no "issues". As I recall, it would spit them out at you if you had.
The "popping" noise begs the question, do you mean through the radio? How are you hearing the noise? Usually, this would indicate anything from a dirty battery and/or ground cable connection, to a bad battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On both my 91 deville and 94 STS, I had a problem with the positive battery connector. Open it up to make sure you don't have any corrosion inside the connectors. I've seen problems caused by corroded terminals "go away" after the car runs a while, only to show back up again when the car is cold. I assume the charging "warms up" the corroded surface and cures it for a while.

The diagnostic display will show error codes forst - they start with an "E". After that, I believe you go into switch diagnostics. Code 70 is the start of this - I don't remember the numbers now, but you increment to 71, then 72, etc. to test the brake switch, park switch, etc.

If you see code 70 (ignore the decimal points) you are in the switch test mode - no errors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts