Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 Deville 4.9L. Auto switch on the heating/cooling system won't turn on, but the Econ switch does. No cold air blowing out at all. Also, no air comes out of the vents on the face of the dash, only out of the floor vents and the defroster on the dash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, what type of recharge is the A/C (i.e. R12, etc...)

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,564 Posts
Unless it was converted, the '93 uses R12. Sounds like you might be low.

As far as where the air comes from, that might be another problem. Start by pulling the DTC's.

·
Registered
1993 sedan deville
43 Posts
This thread is old but the problem is not. I had the exact same as described. The resolve of code extraction. I got no where . Some sort of code came up F11 and F47 ending with F.F. then .07.0 these do not appear anywhere.
I did resolve in part . The problem is lose of refrigerant. The system had been changed to R34. I had recently added refrigerant. But since I no not leave it one was yesterday faced with the exact described.
The resolve is to have it serviced,of course. But for the DIY people .The compressor will not cycle. So refilling is not an option without the rest of the story. At the rear of the engine compartment you will find a cover over the rest of the fuse block and relay . On this cover is an explanation of what to do to refill your system . If the system has been evacuated for repairs.Partially recharge the system with 1lb. of refrigerant. Then disconnect the battery ground cable.wait 5 seconds and reinstall battery cable start engine and set temp to 60 F and press auto . The rest requires a service manual for proper charging.

This got me back to the information panel operating properly. And after charging further It is cold again.
The worst was not being able to even find out there is that fuse and relay box out there. The other is under the dash. Thankfully Fuse and relay is not the problem.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts