Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 cadillac sedan deville 4.9
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cadillac had been having this issue when I first start it. Whhemn I shift into reverse or drive it won't go into gear until I rev the engine. Then it shifts right into gear and everything works great. I got the tranny serviced since if had this problemand the guy said my ttransmission is great not metal shaving and should last a long time. I just have to fix this issue and everything is perfect. No codes and only does it if it sits over night. Thinking maybe the trans oil pump or something like that but I'm lost

·
Registered
1993 cadillac sedan deville 4.9
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any one have ideas on why my car is doing this or has anyone had similar problems with there transmission

·
Registered
Deville
288 Posts
try to see if you have or keep blowing any fuse on the right/passenger side under the huss panel.
or check and clear any blockage on the Trans hose that runs under car to center of the Trans. and check the big round connection front of the Trans by the exhaust.

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
Sounds like piston seals on the bands. Seals shrink in the cold and do not hold fluid well. When you rev the engine, you increase pressure enough to drive the piston despite the seal leak. Then as the trans heats up and the seal expands it starts working properly again.

·
Registered
Deville
288 Posts
it can be but check the simple stuff first. Especially that holes on the bottom of the transmission I think there's a check ball at the end of it, be sure and check that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts