Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2000 Deville base 2019 Corvette Gran Sport
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, New member here and got a couple of questions. I just bought a 93 coupe, very good condition 100K miles garage kept from original owner. Now I do also own a 93 sedan deville for the last seven years so I am no stranger to these cars but the sedan never gave me any trouble and EVERYTHING works, so I never had to ask for help before. Where does the fiber optic line go from the fender for the turn signal because they don't work on either side. The high beam and the lights on indicators do work, just the signals do not. Second, the illuminated entry system does work from the passenger door not the drivers door. Third, the lights that illuminate the buttons for Range, Fuel Econ, and Fuel Used in the fuel data center don't light up at night. Any body can help me out on any of these issues would be appreciated. RON

·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 1993 coupe deville turn signal on fender not working

Can any body help me on just one issue?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts

The fiber optic cable runs to the turn signal. It should plug into the housing.

·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The fiber optic cable runs to the turn signal. It should plug into the housing.
Thanks, just checked those and both were pulled out of the turn signal housing so I just pushed them back in and they work. Now for the FDC can't I just replace the whole unit with one that I know illuminates? How hard is it to take it out without breaking the dash to get to the screws that hold it in.

·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who is the resident expert on 1993 Devilles on this forum that I can PM

Need some answers to some little problems that I would like to address on my 93 coupe as well as my sedan. Some of you guys probably know these cars like the back of your hand. I have searched for answers but found them to be a little vague and not right to the point. Thanks

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,272 Posts
Re: Who is the resident expert on 1993 devilles on this forum that i can pm

I agree - just post your questions -

the answers you get might help someone else -

·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

What are your issues?
Ok I already posted in another thread and all I got was one reply from Ranger to one of my questions. BTW he gave me a good answer and it worked. However how do you remove the headrest on a 93 deville. How do you remove the door panel on same car, coupe and sedan if that matters because I have both cars and I am looking to take parts off the sedan and put them in the coupe. I actually would like to put the door armrest from the sedan to the coupe as they look the same. Also how do you remove the armrest between the two front seats or for that matter the whole console? Both my interiors are blue leather and the sedan I'm getting ready to junk

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
Re: Who is the resident expert on 1993 Devilles on this forum that I can PM

Please do not use the PM system for car repair/maintenance correspondence. Keep all that in open forum. You might want to go up to the Rules and Guidelines and study a bit - you signed them when you registered. Same for the Terms of Service at the lower right corner of this page.

Your first thread, citing several issues, has been merged with this one.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,272 Posts

Ok I already posted in another thread and all I got was one reply from Ranger to one of my questions. BTW he gave me a good answer and it worked. However how do you remove the headrest on a 93 deville. How do you remove the door panel on same car, coupe and sedan if that matters because I have both cars and I am looking to take parts off the sedan and put them in the coupe. I actually would like to put the door armrest from the sedan to the coupe as they look the same. Also how do you remove the armrest between the two front seats or for that matter the whole console? Both my interiors are blue leather and the sedan I'm getting ready to junk
-----------------------
with all the projects you are planning -
I strongly suggest buying the FSM - Factory Service Manual -

found a few on ebay for less than $45 - including shipping -
best money you will ever spend -

·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Please do not use the PM system for car repair/maintenance correspondence. Keep all that in open forum. You might want to go up to the Rules and Guidelines and study a bit - you signed them when you registered. Same for the Terms of Service at the lower right corner of this page.

Your first thread, citing several issues, has been merged with this one.
Ok
-----------------------
with all the projects you are planning -
I strongly suggest buying the FSM - Factory Service Manual -

found a few on ebay for less than $45 - including shipping -
best money you will ever spend -
Although I am somewhat mechanically inclined I would rather hear it first hand from other members. I'm not very good when it comes to instructions or illustrations. Actual DIY photo's work great for me but somehow service manuals with drawings not so good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts