Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 38 replies 5 participants last post by  daedalus__ 
As Amencaddy said, start with TPS to solve your rough idle problem. You can live with VCC issue as many do. It will only affect a bit your fuel economy.

When these cars get older, the grounds, and there are a bunch of them, can cause problems. The factory manuals usually show their locations. Some are not too easy to access, but worth inspecting if problems persist.
Agree. One of the most important grounds is on the engine block by the starter.

lol ONE MORE

im cleaning the throttle body with a can of that spray so i open the butterflys and look in there with a flash light and there are these two pipes in there that are completely gunked up. no wonder it doesn't run great without gas!
Here you go! Clean them up with a piece of coat hanger really good.

okay there was this thing behind the throttle thingy which had a hose which led to a little black box with a power thing on it, which had another hose that led into the left hand side of the throttle thingy. im hoping that was the FPR. it was dry. i also pulled the wires on a couple of cylinders at the cap and it didn't seem to make a difference. i pulled 7, 5, 2, and 8. i didn't really rev the engine though. im getting a new oxygen sensor this week and im hoping that will help because when it is cold it runs really well.

also, if i get a new ecm do i have to buy a stock replacement? or do they make better ones that will be happier with my old engine?
I am afraid that was not FPR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.