Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:) I got my new cadillac recently(92)Sts:) I have a few questions on my car. On my remote there are 4 buttons. One button locks the doors,other unlocks,other opens trunk. The 4th button shows a light? I suspect it would light up the interior? This button does nothing(I have 2 remotes and they both do nothing on the light button?). Anything else this remote does? Thanks again and look forward to getting my sts to brand new condition!! :)Nelson

·
Registered
2006 STS V
81 Posts
Contract on your STS. I hope you like it as much as I do mine. The light button turns on the interior lights and the lights in the key holes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Loud 93 STS said:
To my knowledge, this button should light up the interior. Mine does.
My button does not do anything when I press it. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks again!!:)

·
Registered
1992 STS (4.9L, Black on Black)
306 Posts
I've just been looking online to find out which model is the primary and which is the second for this year STS. The online lists don't seem to have the model number that I have ( 22100945 ) so I'm not sure if its the primary or the secondary... (I have to have both right?).

I was also wondering if any of the newer more stylized remotes would work on my 92 STS. I can find a remote with the exact same part number but I'm under the impression that I need to get a second remote with a different part number... yes?

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
I dont know that remote #. Very early '92 Sevilles and Eldos had a 'Delco' remote. Gray plastic color....square boxes with round rubber buttons. Round cadillac emblem.

Later remotes were a 'Alps' unit. Black plastic...'Cadillac' script in the plastic. 2 triangle ...1 square....and 1 round rubber button. Model # ends in a 729 or 734.

The later 729s and 734s are pretty easy to find on eBay. They can be mixed and matched in any order. Limit is 2 remotes per car.

The earlier Delco gray units. Forget it....I have seen only 1 or 2 of these. Very, very rare remote. And any you do find now...12 years latter. They are beat.

Logan
www.airbagcrash.com
www.logandiagnostic.com

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
So...it sounds as if you have the old gray Delco ones...

It may be worth buying a used 729 or 734 remote on eBay....and see if the system will 'see' it during programming. The FCC #s on the 2 different remotes are a completly different format....so cant tell if the transmit the same frequency....

Being the '92 and '93s are pretty close. If the above does not work....it may be possible to install a newer model year RKE module. Maybe...

Logan
www.airbagcrash.com

·
Registered
1992 STS (4.9L, Black on Black)
306 Posts
The only thing I was worried about (and it may be from me misreading the guides) is that if I only have the secondary remote that I might not be able to reprogram it into the RKA module if I try to program another one.

I went to a stereo install shop today and they said that it woudn't be hard to install an alarm with the existing system unlocking the door with the key disables the factory alarm (which it does on my 92 sts). He said that they would simply turn off the factory alarm by hooking an after market alarm to the wires at the door lock that tell the factory alarm to turn off.

Sounds like it might be a good way to go, extended range and 2 way alarm system, and 2 remotes.

-Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts