Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Eberyone , I Just Filled My Tank With Premium Gas At Mobil And Jumped On The Parkway, After About A Half Hour Of Driving My Service Engine Light Came On And The Car Seemed To Be Idling Noticbly High. When I Got To Where I Was Going I Pulled The Codes.......e30 And R026 ..e30 Stands For Isc Rpm Out Of Range . What Is That? What Does R026 Stand For And What Can I Do To Fix My Problem? Thanks Damian

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
R026 is a SIR (airbag code) and it means driver initiator circuit open... You should have an airbag light on you DIC..... I think that means that your gonna have to take it in to get fixed, as you CANT work on the SIR sytem yourself....

The E30 is for the ISC (idle speed control)... Its probably stuck or somehow got maladjusted..... I dont know enough about the system to help you correct it.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello,
According to my 1992 Seville service manual, the E30 is:

"The PCM controls engine idle by increasing or decreasing the throttle opening using the idle speed control motor (ISC). The ISC will be active in controlling idle speed at any time the throttle switch is closed. Code E030 sets because the actual rpm never reaches desired rpm signifying a slow or failed ISC motor. The ISC motor connector is located behind the alternator."

There is a very detailed diagnostic chart for determining exactly where the problem is. IT could be something as simple as a binding throttle cable to something like a failure of the ISC motor or the PCM is bad.

You could:
1. Get a service manual and perform the diagnostic chart provided to determine the problem.
2. Subscribe to alldatadiy.com and get a copy of the diagnostic chart.
3. Replace the ISC motor and see what happens.

Unless there is a short or the PCM is bad, it is probably the ISC motor. Not sure what they cost but it may be worth changing to see.

Oh, be sure to check for binding throttle cable before spending any hard earned $$$$.

Let us know what you find out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
ipncjh1