Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Eldorado I'm looking to do a few modifications on. The exhaust is fairly rusty so I'd like to replace the cats and catback piping. The suspension could also use an upgrade. My thinking is that there's probably a similar era GM car with aftermarket parts that can also be used in this Eldorado. Does anybody know of any such substitution I can look towards. I've seen things about Impala SS but nothing certain.

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
96 FWB
353 Posts
I'll be interested how this goes, but I'm guessing little to no cx-over with last-gen E-body and either any B- or W-body. For a transverse mount frontWD Northstar I THINK the only thing close was the Toronado, with a Riviera close behind but just a regular 3800 motor???

Until gurus drop by, why not plug those exhaust parts into Amazon to see other 'same as' applications.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rockauto does have a lot of oem replacement stuff but I was moreso asking about upgrade aftermarket parts. Just wondering what was out there to make the caddy a little louder and a little lower.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Magnaflows, good exhaust work - maybe glasspacks. Otherwise, out of my database. Not much for the 4.9, either.

·
Registered
'72 Eldorado Convertible, '97 Eldorado ETC, '93 Fleetwood
1,024 Posts
The base and ETC Eldorados had different suspensions. I assume that you could put the ETC suspension it if you find a donor, but I'm not sure.

But lower? unless the base model is higher than the ETC, it's about as low as you can practically go. I still have an on again/off again search for a low profile pneumatic jack for my '97 ETC and Miata. (I had a '92 ETC that sacrificed itself for a new driver)

Anyway, both are already low enough that I have to use their own jacks to get them high enough for any of my hydraulic jacks. (but, with a flash of redneck engineering inspiration, found that I can use a pneumatic impact driver to operate the stock caddy jack . . .)

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
if you are really interested in modifications and upgrades -
you got the WRONG CAR!

YES - you can get a loud muffler -
AND if you want to get fancy -
find one with dual outlets so you can have fake dual exhaust -

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hah yeah I know it's not a very moddable car. This caddy is just sort of a weekend driver for me and I've heard of a few people modding their Devilles so I wanted to see if anything was out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts