Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1992 deville sedan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a an amp and subs inside my buddies 1992 deville sedan today. It all worked and was thumpin until it just stopped. and it took the lights on the inside where the speedometer, gas lights, and climate control with it. one thing is that we used a seperate battery inside the trunk to power the amp more effiently. The sequnce of wires is
12+ engine battery > 12+ additional battery > + Amp
- Battery terminal >- AMP
but i must admit i did not hook the ground of the batt terminal to the chasis rather it is hooked directely to the amp from the battery. its a lawn and garden battery. and I assumed that if it wasnt a proper ground the amp woulnd't work at all, but it did for about 3 mins. and checked ALL FUSES that we could find to check. so idk but any help that anyone would give me it would be GREATLY appreciated! PLEASE MY FRIENDS NEED TO KNOW HOW FAST HES GOING!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
Just found your thread. Initially, the main IP fuse that controls all those things you mentioned is fuse #7. I can delve further into the schematics if you can first please check there. Also, did you check your Maxi fuses under the hood and the relay center fuses behind the glove compartment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts