Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 2005 Escalade Ext
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some one link me to some parts are some one that builds them? I seen a post on this i messaged them and got no reply last on the middle of last year.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Nobody makes one for your car. Cheapest route would be a modular system like Spectra, you buy the sections and couplings you need and build it to fit.

It'll accomplish nothing but under hood bling, and unfortunately the cone filter you'll have to stick on the end will flow more dirt and pack up quicker than the paper element filter in there now.

----------

To clarify, a cold air intake takes cold air from outside of the engine compartment, your car already has this setup. A short ram intake that takes hot air from the engine compartment will REDUCE power and economy.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 2005 Escalade Ext
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody makes one for your car. Cheapest route would be a modular system like Spectra, you buy the sections and couplings you need and build it to fit.

It'll accomplish nothing but under hood bling, and unfortunately the cone filter you'll have to stick on the end will flow more dirt and pack up quicker than the paper element filter in there now.

To clarify, a cold air intake takes cold air from outside of the engine compartment, your car already has this setup. A short ram intake that takes hot air from the engine compartment will REDUCE power and economy.
Oh ok thanks. So the stock is short ram intake for heat?
----------

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,455 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts