Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can tell you the OBD parameter so you can monitor the temperature.

Enter diagnostics (Off + Warmer), when you get to the 7.0 screen press Lo.

The FDC will show P.0.1. Navigate with the Hi button to P.0.4 - that is your coolant temperature displayed in Celsius. Under normal operation the thermostat shouldn't let it go much past 100C before it drops to about 80.

Check it out. Most likely your thermostat is stuck closed.
All mine will display are E codes. How do I switch to P codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm having a overheating problem.when I enter the on board diagnostics system the codes are on E and Iread I need F04 for the temp, and on another thread I seen p04 how do I switch?

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,322 Posts
I doubt that you'll receive a reply from a member that posted in a thread that has been dead for over 6.5 years. Please look at post dates for some idea of whether or not you'll gt a reply.

Your two identical posts have been merged into this, your own thread, for replies.

Welcome to CF !!!

·
Super Moderator
86,087 Posts
Correct, no codes for overheating, but as described in post no.1, entering parameters will display engine coolant temperature.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It should go without saying; did you check the coolant and thermostat? My stop engine light and the bell only comes on if the coolant is low. Has needed a new rad for a few years (was supposedly already replaced when I had bought the car) but I just top it up every month or two.

·
Registered
591 Posts
To answer the question - after your E and F codes are listed you need to press the Lo button - E90 will show up. After that press the Hi button a couple of times to get to the coolant temperature parameter - P04. Again, as my original post stated, the temperature is displayed in degrees of Celsius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
mc_marto