Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 1st time here was wondering if any ideas how to get my dome light to work both buttons are broken was trying to replace it but hard to find thanks

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
730 Posts
buttons are broken was trying to replace it but hard to find thanks
??? I don't think you looked very hard. I went on to ebay and typed in "1992 fleetwood dome light". As I expected, any color you wanted popped up, no effort in finding a replacement. I think the highest price was @ $70. Also, I would take it apart, and try to replace / repair the switch.

Your car is almost 30 years old, you have to put a little effort forth.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,319 Posts
Hello 1st time here was wondering if any ideas how to get my dome light to work both buttons are broken was trying to replace it but hard to find thanks
Welcome to the forums! You've come to a site filled with dedicated gear heads who can help you, plus you might be able to offer your experience. Going forward it will be helpful if you edit your profile to include year/model/trim and your location.

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,626 Posts
Especially since there is a BIG difference b/w a 92 Brougham (and Brougham Comm chassis) and a FWD Fleetwood which was a model back then.

Silverfox, was your search for FWD or RWB models?

·
Registered
96 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood, 07 CTS, & 94 Caprice Wgn
730 Posts
Silverfox, was your search for FWD or RWB models?
I think you got me Mike! I probably didn't put either in, so my results may not have been correct.

Tom

Update: I just typed in "1992 fleetwood dome light rwd" Three out of the first 5 results were for RWD, in blue, gray and maroon. My point was, you have a almost 30 year old car, parts are sometimes hard to come by. With a little bit of effort you can find them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Map-Dome-Light-Fleetwood-deville-brougham-GRAY-77-92-RWD-OEM/202421751370?hash=item2f2146ce4a:g:8PYAAOSw5UdbU-x~

https://www.ebay.com/itm/77-92-Cadillac-Deville-Fleetwood-RWD-Overhead-Console-Map-Reading-Dome-Lamp/233277289000?hash=item365068f228:g:cc4AAOSwWgZdCXz6

https://www.ebay.com/itm/77-92-Cadillac-Deville-Fleetwood-RWD-Overhead-Console-Reading-Dome-Lamp/163659730668?hash=item261ae14eec:g:8DAAAOSwG6VcvPLu

·
Registered
1996 Federal Heritage Hearse
229 Posts
Pretty sure that Commercial chassis (full chassis) stopped with 1984 being he last year and did not restart until 1993 (chassis incomplete). That being said I am guessing you have a hearse or limo and with that being the case all wiring would have been redone behind the b-pillar by the coachbuilder. If it is just the buttons then try taking the panel down and check the plugs and contacts. If that fails get a unit out of a junkyard. Should be a standard Cadillac unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts