• switch

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 cadillace seville with a stange trunk problem...sometimes i close my trunk and the trunk motor closes the trunk with no problems. other times i may take hours or days for my trunk to close. I have check all the fuses in the glove box and under the hood and they are all fine. Can any one please help or put me in the right direction.

second issue is how to diagnose a noisy driver's side door speaker. I have the delco bose system and the drivers speaker crackles and pops off and on. More on then off.

[email protected]

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard, and thanks for signing up :wave:

The trunk motor will probably need cleaning.... I have heard that if you take out the motor, disassemble it, and replace it will work like a charm... Apparently crap gets in there and prevents the mechanism from operating properly... Id at least get the motor out of there (or bare minimum unplug it) and do it, before it self-destructs...... Shouldnt take more that an hour or so......

The speaker amp is probably blown.... There isnt a main amp, but rather the head unit sends a signal to the speakers, which are individually powered......

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 93 Seville (bought last year) and have both your problems. I think age and fatigue is setting into the car, and heat is no help (Florida).

Speaker crackling and popping is in two right speakers. Problem is worse on damp days. I think the drivers at the speaker is a good starting point, as mentioned in other threads, but I once sprayed "Contact Re-Nu" by Miller Stephenson into the graphic equalizer slide controls and this silenced the problem for a while (a month or so). Probably any mild solvent would work, but the aerosol spray with narrow plastic tubing is needed to target the slot.

Trunk function just went out tonight after working intermittently for a couple of months - that's why I joined the forum - To get hints to fix it. My father already replaced the motor in his 93 deVille, I think I will disassemble and clean in the morning. When the problem first surfaced, I was successful getting it to work every time after spraying WD-40 into both top and bottom switches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
griffplus said:
I have a 1991 cadillace seville with a stange trunk problem...sometimes i close my trunk and the trunk motor closes the trunk with no problems. other times i may take hours or days for my trunk to close. I have check all the fuses in the glove box and under the hood and they are all fine. Can any one please help or put me in the right direction.

second issue is how to diagnose a noisy driver's side door speaker. I have the delco bose system and the drivers speaker crackles and pops off and on. More on then off.

[email protected]
7-11-04 i replaced the moto and switch and the motor works like a charm. I bought the motor for the trunk for $70 from auto parts store. i am a happy camper now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
griffplus