Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what 'left oxygen sensor signal [lean]' means? It is one of the BCM codes that comes up when I do the OBD. Thank you.

Billy

·
Super Moderator
86,155 Posts
I would take it to mean that the left bank is running lean. I am not sure if a bad FPR would cause that or not but is sounds logical and is easy enough to test.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It means the o2 sensor is picking up a lean condition on the front bank of the engine, you may have a vacuum leak. If you erase the code does it come back? Does your service engine light come on?What grade of gasoline are you useing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks you guys. i havent erased the code yet so i will do that.yes it is on and i always use supreme unleaded.I'll let you know how it goes.

thanx again,

Billy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw... don't know if you read through the sign in page at all but I'm a newbie when it comes to working on cars so...i really appreciate the help...and Ill prolly have more questions later, lol..

Billy

·
Registered
50 Posts
The reason I ask is somtimes you get a code like that and it is from a tank of gas, I don't know if its because you get a little water in your fuel or when they change from summer fuel to the winter fuel. I had that code on my bank 1. I would cancel the code and as soon as the engine hit operating temp it would set the code again.The next tank of gas it would only come on once in awhile and when canceled wouldn't come back on for a day or two. the third tank of gas it has only came on once and I'm half way thru that tank.My brother had the problem on his 94 Eldo he told me to ignore it for a tank or two and see if it went away he said he would get the problem usually in the fall and it always went away

1 - 7 of 7 Posts