Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Replaced my bcm and now my car acts as if the battery is not longer connect. Timeline is as follows Replaced new PROM in BCM to fix information center, DIDNT fix issue but my car still worked as it did before. then I attempted to replaceBCM In it’s original position and replacemy glove box only to have my car not respond or do anything at all upon turning the key. No signs of life Please help, thanks.
1991 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4.9 v8

moderator edit: Welcome to the forums. You've posted in the wrong page so I'll move your post to the correct Deville forum. -Byrdman

·
Registered
2005 Deville, 2000 SLS
56 Posts
Replaced my bcm and now my car acts as if the battery is not longer connect. Timeline is as follows Replaced new PROM in BCM to fix information center, DIDNT fix issue but my car still worked as it did before. then I attempted to replaceBCM In it’s original position and replacemy glove box only to have my car not respond or do anything at all upon turning the key. No signs of life Please help, thanks.
1991 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4.9 v8

moderator edit: Welcome to the forums. You've posted in the wrong page so I'll move your post to the correct Deville forum. -Byrdman
What is a BCM? Is it like an adl?

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
841 Posts
Try the old BCM and see if the car starts again. I didn't think a BCM would keep it from starting but if a severely fried BCM can shut down all electrical components I guess it could happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try the old BCM and see if the car starts again. I didn't think a BCM would keep it from starting but if a severely fried BCM can shut down all electrical components I guess it could happen.
I put the old one back in and it’s still the same thing

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
1,038 Posts
No lights on the dash? Do other electrical work(ie headlights).

• Check fuses
  • Pull the glove box and check that everything is plugged in. (The starter relay is located behind the GB and the security / passkey module is located to the right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts