Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 fleetwood fwd
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks. i'm new to the forum, and hope i can get some help from you guys. what i'm working on, is a 1991 fleetwood fwd. i need to cange the rf window motor, but can't figure out where all of the fasteners are to remove the door panel. has anyone tackled this job yet? any info i can get would be a great help. thanks guys.....robert

·
Registered
1990 Fleetwood
106 Posts
Re: 1991 cadillac fleetwood fwd rf window motor replacement.

Check the manual link above. Getting the door panel off is the hardest part. The window control comes out first, (you can't mix up the plugs) Inside that opening there are a few screws to remove. There is also a screw inside the door entry lamp opening. It just pries out as well. If you don't have the right door panel fastener tool, I'd get one- saves a lot of hassle. Then pop off the fasteners. Some cars have a piece of trim at the front top as well to remove. The whole panel comes up straight. Be careful not to let if bend. The old fiberboard will break easy. Changing the motor itself is pretty straightforward. You'll need to drill out the rivets. (And have a rivet gun to put in new ones. I think new rivets came with the motors I have bought.) Buy a quality motor. It is too aggravating a job to do twice! While you are in there, check and clean and lube everything else. The door locks get sticky and stiff after a while and hang up. A little service while it's already opened up will save a nuisance later!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts