Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the symptoms are on my right front wheel. It makes this crunching, grinding noise in a straightaway and when I make right turns. At first it started out less noisy ,but now it can be very well heard. It could be the wheel bearing but I had that exact same one changed a few months ago. the car does need an alignment though. Could it be the wheel bearing or is it something else?

·
Registered
85 Coupe Deville 4.1 V8 & 4.3 V6 Deisel & 1970 Eldorado
773 Posts
I would suggest that it could be:
Bad wheel bearing.(New ones can be defective)
Outer CV Joint
Brake caliper or pads. (I had a brake pad on a Pinto that broke loose and eventually cut through the rotor like a lathe.)

Should not be to hard for a decent shop to find.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I would suggest that it could be:
Bad wheel bearing.(New ones can be defective)
Outer CV Joint
Brake caliper or pads. (I had a brake pad on a Pinto that broke loose and eventually cut through the rotor like a lathe.)

Should not be to hard for a decent shop to find.

Good luck.
Do that and get a shop to check it. Only way to tell what it is for sure unless you want to start dumping parts in it to see when it goes away.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac DeVille Sedan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 1991 DeVille Weird noise on front right wheel.

ok guys sorry for the late post. I took it to a family mechanic and it turns out that it was the wheel bearing. Although i had it changed last November, the part came out defective! lesson learned, don't ever go for the cheap brands (Duralast).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts