Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I recently drove on a long trip where I was losing coolant and the caddy ended up overheating. I tried to pull over as soon as it did. Now when I pour new coolant in it leaks out rapidly from behind the engine. The leak ultimately comes down through between the trans pan and the oil pan. I tried to get under and look up but couldn't see where it was coming from. Am I dealing with a cracked engine block or could it be a fix worth my while? Dipstick shows normal oil no milkshake look. Didn't see anything on water pump face of serpentine area. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,825 Posts
Hi I recently drove on a long trip where I was losing coolant and the caddy ended up overheating. I tried to pull over as soon as it did. Now when I pour new coolant in it leaks out rapidly from behind the engine. The leak ultimately comes down through between the trans pan and the oil pan. I tried to get under and look up but couldn't see where it was coming from. Am I dealing with a cracked engine block or could it be a fix worth my while? Dipstick shows normal oil no milkshake look. Didn't see anything on water pump face of serpentine area. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
======================
I tried to get under and look up but couldn't see where it was coming from.
NOPE - can't see a thing from here either -

Am I dealing with a cracked engine block
doubtful -

could it be a fix worth my while?
well - since the car can't be driven as-is - MAYBE -
depending on the overall condition of the car - and the actual cause of the leak -

get it to a regular shop and have them pressure test the system -
it MIGHT just be a blown hose -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts