Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado ESC, 2003 Deville
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, No error codes and it runs great x-cpt the engine likes to die when coasting. This can happen at 65mph or 30mph. 8 New injectors 2 yrs ago, new plugs cap and wires at same time. Is there some list I should follow to troubleshoot?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
Remove the air cleaner. Open the throttle plate and rod out the two EGR tubes looking up at you. They are most likey plugged with carbon. Also clean the TB bore and throttle plate. while your there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 1992 Deville a few weeks ago. It died when I was coasting around 15mph. I took it to the dealership and the problem turned out to be a plugged catalytic converter. I was told the plugged catalytic converter caused a lack of power to the engine. I had it replaced and now the engine runs smoother and there is a large performance boost. The car hasn't stalled since. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
305 Posts
After the TB is cleaned as Ranger suggested, disconnect the negative battery cable for a minute or so. Pay attention to the back sides of the plates in the throttle body and the bores.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts