Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Looks nice. It's the same colour as mine except for the pinstripe. Didn't you show us those pictures before?

NOOOO Leave the hubcaps alone :eek: If you're going to do something different with it get real wire wheels for it:) I never liked the way those wire hubcaps look. If I got a Brougham that had them I'd take them off and get the tin ones like yours for it.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
brougham said:
Looks nice. It's the same colour as mine except for the pinstripe. Didn't you show us those pictures before?

NOOOO Leave the hubcaps alone :eek: If you're going to do something different with it get real wire wheels for it:) I never liked the way those wire hubcaps look. If I got a Brougham that had them I'd take them off and get the tin ones like yours for it.
I agree. The hubcaps on there win no beauty contest, but the wire ones are a dime a dozen and really don't look all that great. If you like what you got, keep them, because you really don't see many cars with that style--unlike the sorta ugly wire ones that everyone has. Neither is amazing, but unless you go all out with true wire wheels or sem-large chromies, they're about as good as they get.

·
Registered
'80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe
2,096 Posts
Nice clean car. IMHO Factory wire wheels are too heavy and a pain to keep clean. Some rims from later Fleetwoods might be a good choice.

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
The Ape Man said:
Nice clean car. IMHO Factory wire wheels are too heavy and a pain to keep clean. Some rims from later Fleetwoods might be a good choice.
That's also a good suggestion. I saw an '86 once that had the chrome Brougham wheels from a '94-96 and it looked pretty good.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
caddycruiser said:
That's also a good suggestion. I saw an '86 once that had the chrome Brougham wheels from a '94-96 and it looked pretty good.

Yeah i have seen that done too and looks pretty good, especially with the chromers. I guy near where I live did that but he has the regular alum wheels. They are as dull as the old grey paint on his 87 Brougham. I cant understand whay people that let nice cars go down the drain :cookoo:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the opinions. Funny, no one slammed the curb feelers.:) I bought wire caps off Ebay that were pristine, but they sucked on the car to me. Theres a place in Cali that hand makes wire wheel for caddies that gaurantee no leaks, etc. They set you back approx $1.400 for 4. I'm thinkin on it. If anyone is interested in the wired caps let me know. I never drove with them on. Fits 15 inch wheel. Wheel locks, burgundy centercaps and key included. 9 1/2 on a scale of 1-10. I also have a complete set of 14inch wires. 9 on a scale of 1-10. All locks ,centercap, and key included.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts