Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Brougham, 09 Saab 9-3 Wagon
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the board and am still perplexed. My wipers will not turn off! I have replaced the switch and just now the pump assembly with the circuit board. Th previous owner said her son changed the wiper motor to try and fix it. Any ideas? Is there a relay in the system?

Also i got a EGR code from my car after accelerating up a ramp yesterday WOT. Just once and it hasnt come back yet. But it stored it. I use this place everyday now to fix little things on the car. Great resource, used to own Saabs, 9000 still my favorite car, and saabcentral was just as handy as here.

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
dunno how much the system changed from 87 to 90 but in my 87 shop manual it had some diagnostics charts. I posted them on here in another thread but I'm a little busy right now to find the post. Lots of posts about this here, though.

Mostly, the circuit board is the culprit so if you've swapped that out and still having problems I think the next check in the list from the manual was shorts in the system.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,654 Posts
There is a relay on the wipers that can get stuck on and keep them running and sometimes water can get in the relay and keep the wipers running. There is a gray or green plastic cover over the relay..

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
You can also switch them around with other relays. So if your AC doesnt work, use that one if it fits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts