Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Allante
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...at least that's what the insurance company has deemed. A branch fell on the car while driving last Saturday. Scared the hell out of my wife and I. The branch bounced off the hood, smashed the windshield, and bounced off the trunk deck. Not too bad but, bad enough from a parts and repaint perspective that they decided to total.

Now...I have my eye on 92 local in Philadelphia. White, tan interior, 63k on the odometer. And I may be able to buy the 90 back at salvage value. We shall see. :confused:

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Glad everyone is OK. Bummer about the car, though. What a freak accident.

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
Wow. That sucks.

At least you and your wife are unhurt. Cars (even Allantes) can be replaced. People, not so much...

·
Registered
1992 Allante
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. That sucks.

At least you and your wife are unhurt. Cars (even Allantes) can be replaced. People, not so much...
Glad everyone is OK. Bummer about the car, though. What a freak accident.
Yes, thank you both and it was bizzare! Out of no where...;)

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar
186 Posts
What a totally and completely bizarre accident, I can understand how that must have scared the crap out of you. The very best part is that you and your wife are fine, and secondly, you're going to stay with the fraternity and get a new Allante! I am very partial to white with the tan interior! ;) :D

"Good Luck" with the insurance company!

Peace,

Chief

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar
186 Posts
Good point. I don't think our cars are old enough to qualify for agreed value policies.
Some do, and a lot don't, so in end it's better to get it agreed to up front with an insurance company of your choice. If you have a 'Garage Queen', like I do, then it's really easy to get a custom car/collector's policy, which will give you an agreed upon full pay out. Full return coverage is tricky, but it's still doable if you shop around.

Chief

·
Registered
1992 Allante
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again all.

The salvage value is @ $1,200. I am 99% sure I will keep for salvage and put a new windshield n the car. My son has a keen interest. If I don't find anything reasonable, I will drive her myself. I thought the $7,800 was a good settlement ($500 came off of that price for my comprehensive deductible).

I'll keep you'll posted.

·
Registered
1989 Red Allante,
313 Posts
Tony
Ya gotta know we feel terrible for you as yours was such a nice car. Son is how old? Get him some wrenches! As some know I'm parting my pearl white ( need any sheet metal) for many reasons. Currently have a lot of pain in this 60+ year old body but I'm at $5750 with enough parts left to surely see $6-6300. If it could be bought at $1200 and Junior has some energy..........................

·
Registered
1992 Allante
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tony
Ya gotta know we feel terrible for you as yours was such a nice car. Son is how old? Get him some wrenches! As some know I'm parting my pearl white ( need any sheet metal) for many reasons. Currently have a lot of pain in this 60+ year old body but I'm at $5750 with enough parts left to surely see $6-6300. If it could be bought at $1200 and Junior has some energy..........................
Junior is 20 with a 99 Monte Carlo with sub-woofers and custom wheels. I mentioned to him yesterday and he didn't seem to interested. I may end up keeping and replacing the windshield, pocketing the rest of the money and looking for something else...maybe an Eldo!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts