Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first cadallic I have ever owned or messed around with, just got it. It is a tad run down, has 213,000 miles on it and a mess of things wrong with it. The ride is still smooth as can be tho....anyhow I was wondering where is there a good spot to get parts I need for the car? I need a new passenger side headlight assy cause it has a small hole it in, I need to know about the motor mounts and how hard of a task those would be to replace, along with struts. Also any quarks about the 1990 Fleetwood would be good. There is an oil leak coming from somewhere, its a pretty decent oil leak...locks dont work on the doors, passenger side window dosent work (off track or something)...Also the state inspector tells me the steering wheel is loose (I am still trying to figure out what he is talkin about)...while I am talkin about it, I am looking for a glove box door for the car also, or at least the locking part of one....

Thanks for any help you all can provide....

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for signing up :wave:

For the headlights, Id check a junkyard.... Im sure there are a bunch of them....

Motor mounts shouldnt be too bad since its FWD, but remember that you have to have the engine supported somehow while you replace them.... Id search the fourms, there are a few good threads about motor mounts.....

Struts arent too bad either, a definite DIY.... KYB makes struts for your car and it bypasses the CCR (command control ride) and the ride is not adversly affected....

The FW with the 4.5 (correct am I not, i cant remember when they got the 4.9) is a solid car, as its has been demonstrated.... THe oil leak could be many places, and its really hard to diagnose over the internet.. A good independent shop should be able to throw it on the lift and find it no problem.....

For the windows, you could need a new regulator, otherwise it may be off track like you said.... IF you can hear the motor working but its not doing anything, then i bet ites the regulator.... Otherwise you should be able to get it back on track easy enough.....

For the glove box again id check a junkyard......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am gonig to hit the junk yard up this weekend, hopefully I will find everything I need :)

I just called a place about a headlight assy and they are selling it for $199.00, which seems kind of steep to me...

The car is a 4.5 liter V8, Thanks for the warm welcome and the information...hopefully soon I will have this Fleetwood up to par and be able to flex it along with everyone else :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Lythian