Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok last time i try to solve this problem . i have a 1990 fleetwood 4.5 mpi . with the onset of slightly cooler weather (mid 60s' at night ) my car runs smooth once again for a short while . i live in arizona and it has been missing sometimes seemingly as much as three cylinders not working . some of you have tried to help me solve this and everything seemed to point to injectors . well now i am getting a smooth running engine for as long as 15 20 minutes with some sudden change to the miss again but clears out in a few seconds and runs smooth again . this was rare for the whole summer with the heat . the first run in the morning when it was hot resulted in the miss right off . have tried cleaners and different gas . i am somewhat of a mechanic when it comes to cars but fall short on practice with the computerized ones since i dont have access to electronic equipment . i know i could figure it out if i had access to equipment. i need to know if someone can tell me what else could be wrong and how and if an injector could be affected to work correctly under cooler conditions . if i had to make some wild guess i would think temp sensitive component like ecm or ignition module . so any details one of you might have please let me know . i can understand just about anything told to me so make it as technical as you like . this thing is driving me nuts since it is hard for me to work on my car now due to physical problems . also when i punch it down when it is working properly i do get a nice little cloud of black smoke . just the intermittent thing makes it hard for me to believe injectors are the problem . i just want to get it fixed .

·
Registered
51 Posts
If its is EFi and not TBi, the balck smoke would lead me to believe you have a faulty regulator, pull its vacuum line off and then turn the key to on and see it it leaks out fuel, it it does, than you have foung where the raw fuel is getting dumped in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Cadillac_Rancher