Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Sedan de Ville 1995 eldorado 2000 buick century
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just looking for a little advice on a 1990 deville there is a a vibration coming from the drivers wheel i reeplaced the hub bearing on that wheel about a month ago, so i dont think thats it and the outer tie rods boot isn't broken, so could that possibly be an inner tie rod? im not sure while sitting still if i turn the wheel back and forth u can hear a slight clunk sound from the drivers side i took the wheel off and inspected to see if something had came loose but everything seemed intact...any suggestions? all are welcomed and thanx in advance...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,981 Posts
A clunking sound when making a turn is symptomatic of a CV joint. Otherwise I'd suspect a bad or out of balance tire.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Are you for sure its the front? I had my 2 front tires replaced and shortly after they was a very audible low speed noise and high speed vibration that appeared to come from the front. It was actually the back tires though, they had "cupped" due to worn shocks, 2 new ones fixed it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
i'd say worn suspension parts lead to bad tires which lead to vibration.
replace innner tie rods, check CV and other worn parts

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
i'd say worn suspension parts lead to bad tires which lead to vibration.
replace innner tie rods, check CV and other worn parts
This is my issue, might be the OP's issue aswell. My struts are worn and the people that did my oil change say i need a new tie rod.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
Are you into doing work yourself? I recently did my whole front suspension and it was not hard. The most trouble I had was with the Sprints but all the other stuff was fairly easy. Tie Rob end is as simple as popping it out and twisting it off. Ball joint if not replaced before have rivites that need to be drilled out other wise it has three bolts. Struts has three bolts on top and two at the bottom.

If you take this to a dealer or mechanic you might pay allot. Good luck on what ever you decide to do.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Are you into doing work yourself? I recently did my whole front suspension and it was not hard. The most trouble I had was with the Sprints but all the other stuff was fairly easy. Tie Rob end is as simple as popping it out and twisting it off. Ball joint if not replaced before have rivites that need to be drilled out other wise it has three bolts. Struts has three bolts on top and two at the bottom.

If you take this to a dealer or mechanic you might pay allot. Good luck on what ever you decide to do.
I can do it myself possibly, just wait for it to get a little cooler out and get a little less busy. Unfortunately I dont have a real good spot to jack my car up. Slopped driveway and small garage :(

Also trying to decide if i should just buy a newer car or fix the problems this one has

·
Registered
1990 Sedan de Ville 1995 eldorado 2000 buick century
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I Know The Outer Tie Rod End Is Easy The Question Is About The Inner One And It Maybe The Tire On The Vibration But The Cluck Is What Gets Me? I Have Aftermarket Wheels On It With Low Profile Tires So Thats What I Was Trying To Figure Out.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
The after market wheel have nothing to do with the cluck or the shakes all those are from parts. If I am correct you have tie rod ends and a rack & Pinon. I will be replacing mine out maybe next weekend cause I have to much play in my steer but I can take pic if you like? Anyway what I would do is replace the ball joint and Tie rod end then balance your wheel that should take care of you but if not then you can dig deeper.

·
Registered
1993 CDV 102k
982 Posts
Everything is easy to do other than the ball joint. IF it needs to be replaced and it still is the original riveted one then it's best to take the lower control arm out and drill it out on a bench.

Check the hex bolts for the bearing and make sure they're still tight too. Inner tie rod is easy if you have the right tool.

Sounds more like the CV like Ranger said. That's an easy job to do. I had to replace mine not too long ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts