Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some trouble figuring out my blower motor on my 1990 Deville. It's not blowing at all.

When I set the defrost to high heat and fan speed, and test the voltage on the purple wire that connects to the blower motor, the voltage is at 1.39V. when I turn climate control off, it goes to 11.96?? Shouldn't that be the other way around? I'm guessing that perhaps the blower motor is bad and I'll have to replace it, but I still can't figure out why the voltage would be at 12, when the fan is set to off, and then go down to 1.4 when it's set to high. I am no electrical engineer, so maybe I'm missing something.

I tested all the relays under the glovebox and they're good. I then replaced the BCM because somebody told me that might be it...Please help, I'm in Seattle and windows get verrrry foggy without the defogger!

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac sedan devile
616 Posts
don't have an answer to your question but i will tell you changing the blower motor is easy as long as you undo the front subframe mounts

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I finally got it all figured out. Turns out it was the AC power module that was screwing things up....easy fix when I finally figured it out. 25 bucks at the local wrecking yard.

·
Registered
1990 Deville w/ 250,000 mi
280 Posts
Glad you got it going again... Yeah replacing the blower motor isnt the easiest task. But it can be done without unbolting mounts. Alldata says to "rock the engine". I found that unnecessary also. I was able to get mine out with a helper holding back wiring/hoses and it sqeezed out. Still harder than it should be.

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that blower was a real pain. You would think that with a car that big they could have allowed an extra 1/4 inch to get the silly thing out. Oh well, I guess now I know how to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts