Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Beautiful Deville :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1977 Coupe Deville, '95 Fleetwood Brougham, 1991 Cadillac Brougham 5.7
186 Posts
Wow thats an awesome Caddy and great color combo!! GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville 44,000 original miles
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it was puchased new in 1990 in Florida. In 1993 a couple from my hometown here in Maryland went to Florida and bought her 3 years old with 31000 miles on her. They brought her back here and garaged her. They put 13000 miles on her in 14 years. It has literally spent ebvery night of it's like since 1993 in a Garage. This saturday morning they put her in a poark and ride with a for sale sigh on her. I saw her same day. Now, this is my first Cadillac and I really don't know anything about this stuff. They were asking $6,500. I asked them if they would take $6,000 and they did. Even if I did overpay I am very happy. She is beautiful. Kelley Blue Book says it is worth like $2700 but that is a joke. Hope I did ok.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Looks just like my 93 on the outside with the exception of the grille. However I like your interior better then mine which is blue leather without any Cadillac embroidery. 6k seems a little on the high side, but if your happy with it then It is a good buy. My 93 cost just under $5k about 5 or 6 years ago, but it had damaged paint on the hood and side that detracted from the value.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I took her for her first drive with me last nite. Like a dream. Only 2 small problems.

1) The clock is too fast. For every hour of time that passes, the clock shoes about an hour and a half has passed. I can live with that.

2) Loud (REAL LOUD) static comes and goes from rear deck driver side speaker. DOn't know if it's blown or has a grounding wire loose. I can't live with that.

Bill

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Ahhh...the 89-93 deVille...one of Cadillac's greatest designs ever. And you've even got white leather! Nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1991 Deville / 1989 BMW 635csi
896 Posts
6K for THAT? Not high at all!!!! That is one of the most mintest devilles i've seen! besides, I'm asking $7000 or best offer for my 87 deville, you found a really nice buy!I would take out all of the stock sound system and install and nice, expensive, high end sound system. Then you would have no problems to worry about. That noise that you hear from the rear, if you have a factory amp, its hooped. Something is shorting out.

·
Registered
2002 Deville, 1990 Deville
62 Posts
Wow, what I nice 90 !!!! I have a 90 DeVille and love it. Mine has 140,000 miles. Thats reasonable for a 18 year old car. Yours is just plain great. Good luck with it. I have had good luck with mine. As far as the price, 6K is steep, but if you like the car, it's worth it. After all yes, you can buy something newer for that, but It just wont be a Cadillac. Not only that, you got a sweet, nice riding car that will get really decent gas milage for a big car. I get at least 24 MPG on a trip and have on occasion got 29 MPG.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Those are also the same wheels that my 93 has and other members have aswell, My tip is to put a sealant of sorts on them or take some measures to reduce brake dust. I jst spent the last hour with a tootbrush and de-gresser cleaning mine, still probably 2 or 3 hours left if i wanted to get them totally clean lol.

They look great when clean like yours, but very hard to keep them clean

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, the mechanic that just did the Maryland State Inspection on the vehicle offered me 10K. I was real tempted to do it (and I know you guys will say I should have.) Even though I know it's not worth that much, I just can't part with it.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Well, the mechanic that just did the Maryland State Inspection on the vehicle offered me 10K. I was real tempted to do it (and I know you guys will say I should have.) Even though I know it's not worth that much, I just can't part with it.
Where is this guy located? May be worth the couple thousand mile drive up to see if he offers at mine ;) j/k

Sorta funny the offers you get some times, Ive had comments from people at autoparts stores and other places. Only one offered to buy it and I didnt ask how much he was willing to pay :bigroll:

here is a pic of mine, very similar to yours minus the interior. By the time I drove to maryland though it would put it over 100k in the mileage

1 - 19 of 19 Posts